Tree Project, Winter

My gingko is asleep.

Last month all the leaves turned, finally, and winter crept inside. We're connected; the cycle reaches through us.

At first I wondered if, somehow, my small tree was somehow exempt from the gray hibernation settling on the neighborhood. In fact, I was worried that maybe keeping a gingko in the house had somehow ripped it from the seasonal fabric that it needed in order to survive. I didn't think it could be so, but week after week the small leaves remained green, long after all the trees outside had become bare. Now the transformation is complete, finally, or nearly so.

That is, the gingko leaves never dropped, though winter's desiccation appears complete.

I'm watching the snow melt outside and anticipating the first new buds of spring, which I know will emerge in about a month, and I'm hoping that this small tree is, in fact, asleep, merely, and that it will awake when the cycle turns through again.

For more, see previous posts on the Tree Project or link directly to Hiroshi Sunairi's project here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tech Thoughts on Teaching & Learning

Connecting the Learning Process