Starting and marking it

tree ring map of history

Time to begin again. The moment won't remain but I'm marking it to be remembered later. It's too ephemeral to hold, but the experience is real and now.

Cozy Condensation

Classes have begun and I'm thrilled to meet up with so many dreams and enthusiasms. I blathered on and on this week about paying attention to pictures in your life, about how we know what we know, about writing, about drawing, about computers...and there's more of all that to come.

The most important part, however, is just doing something. Do it -- take pictures. Please believe me, you can't see it til you start.

Fog on the way home

Maybe it's better to not think about it too much...just pick up the camera and take a walk. You're going to uncover something if you just get started.

Reveal & Cover: Work it

After class a student asked if anything was off-limits as far as semester projects are concerned. I said no, not at all. She said, anything? I said, pausing now, well...as long as it doesn't get me fired or put in jail. She said, okay.

Tree of Knowing

Should be an interesting fall. I'm really looking forward to working with all of you!

The pictures posted are from some random walking back and forth to class this week. Click towards Flickr to see what thoughts came up as I was walking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tech Thoughts on Teaching & Learning

Connecting the Learning Process

surface